Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Open Mic Night?!


One thing that has had my interest for a very long time is poetry. I just love poetry I love to read it, write it, and I love to hear it. I love how words can just make such an impression on people, it can move them and it can also lead them in the right direction. Many people don’t see how much words really influence other people.  I love to hear people that have been through things say their poems and the ones that actually get really into it I think they are the best. I will love to be able to grow some and be able to stand in front of people and read my poetry. Maybe one day I will but that is definitely one of my goals to do one day in my life. I remember the first day of orientation here at Southern Connecticut State University there was one girl that read a poem I think that was the only thing I really remember from that day. It really moved me the way she said it and the way she manipulated the words so you can feel each and every one of them. I think they should really have more poetry classes. Or even like a open mic night here for people that want to express themselves with poetry or other things such as painting. I know I would love that I think many other students would appreciate something of those sorts here. Maybe it can happen once a month or maybe even once a week. This would be something else that the students at Southern Connecticut State University can enjoy together as community. Well that is one of my interest that I think links to our community at SCSU. Now you tell me what do you think about this idea of having open mic night!

No comments:

Post a Comment